RDA Committees were established on 01 January 2010 by the Australian Government with the aims of:
- bringing together all levels of government
- enhancing the growth and development of regional Australia
- providing a strategic framework for economic growth in each region
RDA Peel has adopted the Peel Regional Investment Blueprint as its plan for the region.
Priorities for 2017 – 18 are:
- Support and advocate for Australian Government investment in high priority infrastructure and other projects for the Peel region.
- Development of a Leadership Strategy for the region.
- Development of a Knowledge Council for the region.
- Arts and culture sector development.