Advice, consultation and community engagement
- Consult with regional stakeholders on needs and priorities
- 2-way conduit for information and advice between communities and government
- Engage with all levels of government, regional stakeholders and communities in developing solutions to regional needs and priorities
Contribute to regional planning
- Develop strategic regional plans (in collaboration with Australian, State/Territory and local governments)
- Annual reporting against milestones/performance indicators
- Annual analysis against a different area of Government policy each year.
Whole of government activities
- First point of contact for agency consultations
- A first point of contact for communities for information about Australian Government services and programs
- Contribute to other national agendas from a regional perspective (eg from time to time this may include infrastructure, transport, social inclusion, climate change and so on)
- Administer third party contracts for other agencies as appropriate
Promotion of Government programs
- Provide information to regional stakeholders about government programs, particularly regional
- Identify potential government programs to support regional projects and initiatives
- Provide advice and assistance with accessing funding from existing programs towards regional projects
Community & economic development
- Act as an advocate for the region
- Build networks and develop leadership within the region
- Broker solution that address regional issues and barriers to development
- Help to broker partnerships which will address the needs and aspirations of regional communities
The network will ensure that input is provided to the Australian, State and Local Governments on regional development issues and priorities; promote regions to secure sustainable long term jobs; promote investment and regional prosperity; and raise awareness of programs and services available to regional communities.
The network will also play a key role in ensuring that advice about key issues in the regions is provided to all levels of government.