RDA Committees are funded to:
• maintain a 3-5 year regional plan that focuses on economic development of the region and takes account of Australian, State/Territory and Local Government plans;
• advise on priority activities that will drive regional economic development and take advantage of comparative advantages, based on consultation and engagement with community leaders;
• assist local community stakeholders to develop project proposals and help shepherd them to appropriate public and/or private funding sources, including the Australian Government’s $1 billion National Stronger Regions Fund;
• provide advice to the Australian Government on critical issues affecting each region; and
• enhance awareness of Australian Government programmes.